Stacker presents the 100 best fantasy movies of all time, as determined by a weighted index split evenly between IMDb and Metacritic scores. To qualify, the film had to be listed as fantasy on IMDb, have a Metascore, and have at least 5,000 votes.
Most read on idysky.com
- Facial recognition technology is known to have flaws. In 2019, a national study of over 100 facial recognition algorithms found that they did not work as well on Black and Asian faces. Two other Black men — Robert Williams and Michael Oliver, both of whom live in the Detroit area — were also arrested for crimes they did not commit based on bad facial recognition matches. Like Parks, Oliver filed a lawsuit against the city over the wrongful arrest.
- Computer chips are the brains and souls of all the electronics the country’s factories crank out. Yet they are mostly designed and produced overseas. China’s government is lavishing money on anyone who can help change that.
- While the holidays may be drawing to a close, winter sure isn’ t. Stay cozy by spending your holiday money on something that will bring you warmth for seasons to come: a snug down jacket and a pair of stylish leather gloves. We’ ve taken a fresh look at women’ s down jacket trends to highlight new and classic styles that are worth spending your holiday money on.
- Jeff Koons has entered the classroom at age 65, signing on as an instructor for MasterClass, the video platform through which celebrities like RuPaul, Natalie Portman and Usher have shared their expertise. The school’s tuition for unlimited access is $180, billed yearly.
- People have been advocating boycotts of Amazon for nearly as long as the company has existed. In 1999, programmer and activist Richard Stallman led one related to a lawsuit the company filed against Barnes & Noble to protect a patent covering “1-click” ordering, which he worried would stifle competition in e-commerce. (The lawsuit against Barnes & Noble was settled, and the patent has since expired.)
- While the Cheetah may not be the most popular cat woman DC Comics has been responsible for, her high-profile appearance in the “Wonder Woman” sequel has a chance to earn her a whole new generation of fans.
- Our team of experts has selected the best portable heaters out of dozens of options. Don't buy a portable heater before reading these reviews.
- Jimmy Donaldson, now 22, has a baby face and a patchy goatee. He speaks with an aw-shucks modesty and doesn’t do many interviews. But the restraint quickly fades away when he starts talking about YouTube.
- There were less-heralded tech contributions that made a real difference this year, and the people behind them deserve credit. So let’s give thanks to a few of the technologists who stepped up in 2020.
- Let’ s face it, it’ s been a tough year! Taking good care of ourselves is more important than ever. If you’ re looking for worthwhile ways to spend holiday money this season, investing in a self-care regimen is a practical and beneficial way to do it.
- When the United States slammed shut in March, book sales dropped sharply, but the dip didn’t last. While some parts of the industry have continued to struggle, like bookstores and educational publishers, publishing executives say that demand came rushing back around June.
- The fast-growing cryptocurrency startup Coinbase has been rattled in recent months by tensions between executives and employees who said they were being treated unfairly because of their race or gender.
- Some jackets can do more than simply contain body heat to keep the wearer warm. Heated jackets have a battery that warms it up, much like a heating pad or an electric blanket. However, not all heated jackets are high-quality items, so you shouldn’ t just spring for the first or cheapest option you find.
- At the start of COVID-19 shutdowns, total consumer spending dropped, but online shopping spiked. And despite the cascade of job losses and waves of financial insecurity, there was about a 7% increase in consumer spending of goods from January to September. (Loungewear, workout equipment, robot vacuums and vibrators are some of the products that sold well this year.)
- The retail industry was in the midst of a transformation before 2020. But the onset of the pandemic accelerated that change, fundamentally reordering how and where people shop, and rippling across the broader economy.
- More than 190,000 ceiling fans sold at The 比特币交易价格行情home Depot have been recalled after it was found that their blades could detach while spinning, causing injuries and property damage.
- In a filing in federal court last week, the Girl Scouts of the USA said this was not its recruitment message, but that of a rival organization — the Boy Scouts of America — that it accused of engaging in unfair competition and trademark infringement.